Thursday, June 18, 2009

d3 - Snatch and Pull Up Ladder

We had programed 5 sets of 2 reps @ 85% 1 RM Snatch but we didnt have a 1 RM yet so we worked up to a 1 RM OHS then used 45%ish of that. I basically wanted to keep the snatches light because I am retarded at them.

So I did 5 sets of 2 at 33kg

Then did a Pull up volume ladder - 1 in the first minute,2 in the 2nd and so on for 12 minutes totalling 78 pullups.

I then did 3x3 Front squat at 60kg because I am convinced that getting my FS stronger will help my deads and push press.

4 comments:

Scotty.A said...

How long are these workouts taking you mate?

Brett_M/31/181cm/85kg said...

About 90 minutes but that will shave right down when I have a full list of 1 RMs. Spending alot of time on testing at the moment.

It has got me thinking that maybe workouts could be posted different: Take Fran 21-15-9 Thruster @ 95lbs and Pull Ups

Could be Fran 21-15-9 Thruster @ 45%(of 1 RM Thruster) and Pull ups

The scaling of the Pull Ups still can go either way I reckon, assistance or less reps.

Scotty.A said...

I like it

For fran I think it's important to keep the reps, so they gas you. Just scale to jumping/band, then it's up to each person to gauge how much they use their legs to assist each rep. Thats just my take anyways.

I stand around a lot in a Fran. Usually because I fail on reps and then feel sorry for myself and I can't pick it up or get a full chin. If I used a weight that I could do 21reps with and learnt how to kip right or used a band then the only reason I'm stopping is because I'm letting myself stop, not because I can't lock out or get my chest or chin over the bar. I think this would be a much better way to train.

I think this (@45% of 1rm) makes it more even across the board and keep the intensity their for everyone. Like that vid said, scale so everyone can do a 3min Fran.

I like where your head is at mate :)

Nathan G said...

How are you finding the HSPU 1-100 challenge Brett? Are you finding that you are able to string more together in a row?